Executive Assistant to the Director and Deputy Director
Position Type: Full-Time | Education: B.A. or equivalent required
The Hispanic Society Museum & Library seeks an experienced executive assistant to ensure efficient operation of the of the Director’s office.
- Coordination of meetings, agendas, minutes, expense reports and travel arrangements;
- Office media management, phone calls, email, paper mail – distribution, timely response and tracking- coordinates all staff communication from Director’s offices;
- Ensures operation of equipment, including preventive maintenance, repairs, inventories, and evaluation of new equipment and technology;
- Maintains supply inventory for ongoing office needs on a timely basis; coordinating procurement for budget savings;
- Assumes basic office administrative duties, including filing, typing, copying etc.
- Excellent management, organizational, writing and professional;
- Fluency in Spanish and English strongly preferred;
- Easy and conversational manner in social settings;
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills;
- Comfortable with multitasking.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.A. or equivalent required;
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience;
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat;
- HR and accounting basic skills appreciated.
The Hispanic Society offers competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as healthcare, dental, and retirement benefits.
About the Hispanic Society Museum & Library:
The Hispanic Society Museum & Library was founded in New York City in 1904 by Archer M. Huntington with the purpose of advancing the study and appreciation of the art, literature, and culture of Spain, Portugal, Latin America, and the Philippines. Today, the museum and library collections from antiquity through the early 20th century are widely recognized as the most comprehensive in scope and quality outside of Spain. Museum highlights include numerous masterworks by El Greco, Velázquez, Goya, and Sorolla; sculpture by Pedro de Mena and Luisa Roldán; Latin American paintings by Vázquez, López de Arteaga, Rodríguez Juárez, Arrieta and Campeche; as well as masterpieces in all areas of the decorative arts.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Executive Assistant to the Director and Deputy Director” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.
The Hispanic Society Museum & Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.