We are partially open! The East Building Gallery is open for special exhibitions on a rotating basis. Free educational and public programs will continue on-line or outdoors. The Hispanic Society’s Main Building is CLOSED for renovations.
The Hispanic Society of America offers free guided tours for school groups. For information on organizing a tour for a non-school group, please contact us using the form below.
A 45-minute tour with an educator can be provided free of charge on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 3pm, and Saturdays from 10am to 1 pm.
Tours are offered in both English and Spanish.
TO ARRANGE VISITS
The Hispanic Society’s Museum is closed for extensive renovations, and cannot accept group visits at this time.
Group visits will not be allowed without a confirmation from the Education Department. You will be asked to show your group visit confirmation upon arrival.
School Group Visit Guidelines
Tours are offered for groups of 10 to 20, including teachers and chaperones. Groups of more than 20 may be divided into sections in order to comply with New York City Fire Department Regulations.
Reservations should be made at least four weeks in advance and are subject to availability. A confirmation will be sent via email and must be shown upon arrival at the Society.
Cancellations must be made with a 48 hours notice.
The supervision of one adult is required for every ten students. For groups of students in grades three through five, one adult is required for every five students. Teachers and chaperones are required to stay with their group at all times and are responsible for the students’ conduct and behavior.
Allow 60 to 90 minutes for group tours.
Additionally, group visits must observe all visitor guidelines.
- COVID19. The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority
- In accordance with the New York City mandate, all visitors to the Hispanic Society Museum & Library must show identification and proof of Covid-19 vaccination, which may include a CDC Vaccination Card (or photo), NYC COVID Safe App, New York State Excelsior Pass, NYC vaccination record, or an official immunization record from within or outside the United States. For additional information, please visit gov.
- All visitors are required to wear mask and maintain 6-foot distance between parties. Attendance is limited to 25%.
- Visitors who are sick and not feeling well are asked to stay home for the safety and well-being of others.
- Please consult the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for up-to-date information on Covid-19, and the New York State Covid-19 Travel Advisory for updated information on travel guidelines.
The Hispanic Society requires all visitors follow these guidelines and reserves the right to ask visitors who do not comply with these guidelines to leave the premises. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The coat check is currently closed and no oversized item are permitted in the galleries
- Visitors may not touch any of the objects on display, including furniture.
- Chewing gum, food and beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- The use of radios or any other music devices, cell phones, text messaging and internet devices is prohibited.
- Sketching in lead pencil or charcoal is permitted in the galleries on paper not exceeding 12”x18” in size. Registration is required for copying works of art in any media. Additional regulations apply. Registration Form and regulations
- Non-service animals, scooters, skateboards, skates and Segway Human Transporters are not permitted.
- There are no food services available.