The Hispanic Society offers jobs opportunities to qualified applicants in various departments.
Applications are accepted at all times. Staff members of the various departments will directly contact and interview prospective candidates. Qualified candidates should possess a love and appreciation of Hispanic art, literature, and cultures, a flexible attitude for dealing effectively with the public, and an understanding that reliability is critical. Candidates with a background in fine art, art history, museum education, and knowledge of Spanish are preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and manage the Hispanic Society’s overall development efforts in support of the annual budget and Capital Campaign.
- Work closely with Board of Trustees and Executive Director on development strategies.
- Provide planning and management of all fundraising including Annual Appeal, Capital Campaign, corporate and individual giving, as well as grant requests and awards.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward major gifts from individuals.
- Coordinate and prepare grant proposals to corporate, foundation, and government funders; provide evaluation and manage final reporting.
- Work with the Director of Public Relations, Programs, and Special Events to create marketing materials as needed.
- Work with the Business Office to ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and deposits, and comply with audit standards.
- Master’s degree required.
- Approximately 8-10 years of fundraising experience with 5 years in a leadership role, preferably in a NYC arts organization.
- Proven track record of success in development, and developing and executing capital campaign and major giving plans.
- Experience contributing to an organization during a growth stage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Experience working in a museum; experience working in the New York metropolitan area funding community is advantageous.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge.