The Hispanic Society’s Museum is closed for extensive renovations. During this period the Library will open on a limited basis, by appointment only. Please contact the Library at email@example.com. Free educational and public programs will continue off-site.
The Hispanic Society of America offers free guided tours for school groups. For information on organizing a tour for a non-school group, please contact us using the form below.
A 45-minute tour with an educator can be provided free of charge on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 3pm, and Saturdays from 10am to 1 pm.
Tours are offered in both English and Spanish.
TO ARRANGE VISITS
Group visits will not be allowed without a confirmation from the Education Department. You will be asked to show your group visit confirmation upon arrival.
School Group Visit Guidelines
Tours are offered for groups of 10 to 20, including teachers and chaperones. Groups of more than 20 may be divided into sections in order to comply with New York City Fire Department Regulations.
Reservations should be made at least four weeks in advance and are subject to availability. A confirmation will be sent via email and must be shown upon arrival at the Society.
Cancellations must be made with a 48 hours notice.
The supervision of one adult is required for every ten students. For groups of students in grades three through five, one adult is required for every five students. Teachers and chaperones are required to stay with their group at all times and are responsible for the students’ conduct and behavior.
Allow 60 to 90 minutes for group tours.
Additionally, group visits must observe all visitor guidelines.
- Visitors may not touch any of the objects on display, including furniture.
- Chewing gum, food and beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- The use of radios or any other music devices, cell phones, text messaging and internet devices is prohibited.
- Sketching in lead pencil or charcoal is permitted in the galleries on paper not exceeding 12”x18” in size. Registration is required for copying works of art in any media. Additional regulations apply. Registration Form and regulations
- All coats that are not worn, backpacks, briefcases, shopping bags, and umbrellas must be left in the coat room. Large items and luggage are not permitted in the coat room. The Hispanic Society is not responsible for any damage, losses, or thefts of personal property left in the coat room.
- Non-service animals, scooters, skateboards, skates and Segway Human Transporters are not permitted.
- There are no food services available.